Online Booking Tips
Using UKELA’s Online Booking System for Events
Ten Tips to help you
1. Make sure you retain details of your UKELA membership number which is sent to you every year via email by our Membership Secretary. You will need it to register for some events such as the Annual Conference.
2. If you are part of a corporate membership, then up to 10 of you will have the same membership number. If more than one of you wants to register for the same event and a membership number is required, then pick one name as the main registrant and register everyone else as a guest.
3. If you know you can’t make the event to which you have been invited, please click the NO button on the invitation email when you first receive it. This will ensure you don’t continue to receive reminders to book.
4. When registering, please make sure you click the FINISH button at the end of the registration process otherwise your registration will not go through.
5. Keep a note of your registration number handy - you will need this to modify your booking or if you need to cancel for any reason.
6. Don’t leave it to the last minute to book your place. Our events are very popular and often become booked up quickly. If you have left it too late to book and found that the event you want to go to is full, the booking system operates a waiting list so please add your name to that and we will let you know if a space becomes available.
7. Please pay by credit card if possible. We operate a secure system and payment in this way helps UKELA to save on administration costs.
8. If you do pay by cheque, please take a note of the address to where payment should be sent and to whom the cheque should be made payable. In most cases, this will be PO Box 487, Dorking, RH4 9BH with cheques payable to UKELA, but the registration pages always have plenty of reminders about where to send payment. Please make payment promptly so we don’t have to chase you! We cannot guarantee your place at an event without payment.
9. If someone is booking on your behalf such as a secretary or clerk, it is better if they use your email address to make the booking. This will ensure you don’t continue to receive reminders to book and any follow up information such as directions to the venue and feedback is sent directly to you.
10. If you have can't remember whether you have paid or details about the event you are attending such as the address or start time, you can check this via your registration number (see tip number 5). Or take a look at our events page for details of events. This will also include CPD details.
Still stuck? Then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help.