Terms of reference
The Noise Working Party considers noise issues across the UK. Its remit includes:
- reviewing the regulation of noise at local and central government levels;
- implementation of the European Environmental Noise Directive (END);
- ambient and neighbourhood noise;
- the protection afforded to those who are affected by noise under the common law or other systems of law which are applicable in the UK;
- compliance with noise legislation;
- the enforcement of noise law.
The working party usually meets three times every year: in the spring term, at the UKELA annual conference in summer, and in the autumn term.
Anyone who is a member of UKELA can join. If you would like to get involved, contact the convenor Francis McManus.
- The group ran a Working Party session during the online annual conference on Friday 26th June 2020. The recording will be available shortly.
- John Stewart of the UK Noise Association gave a short presentation on possible noise problems associated with certain forms of renewable energy on Monday 9th December 2019 in the Francis Taylor Building, Inner Temple, London.
- A meeting was held on Thursday 2nd May 2019 at Francis Taylor Building, where the agenda included a general discussion on various technical issues, including; easements and noise; EIA Reports, with special reference to noise; NPPF and noise; the Agent of Change; new WHO European Guidelines.