UKELA London Meeting - Where the Wild Things Are: A discussion on the value of wild places and how to find and protect them
6pm (5.30pm registration) - 7.30pm
Please join us for this early evening session where the subject will be on the value of wild places.
Speakers and their topics:
Sir Crispin Agnew QC
Crispin is a former explorer and one of Scotland’s best known environmental lawyers.
- wilderness, wild land and wild places
- how even relatively small areas can be crucially important particularly near urban environments
- the work of NGOs in protecting wild land
Stanley is a former MEP and holder of numerous environmental awards, including the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB) Medal (2015) and the World Wildlife Fund’s Leader of the Living Planet Award (2015). He is also the author of several environmental books including ‘Where the Wild Things Were’.
- anecdotes of wildlife conservation from across the globe and the need to protect the remaining wild places
- wildlife encounters in his most recent trip to Borneo
- on rewilding, its practical benefits and its philosophical importance
- £20 UKELA members
- £30 Non-members
- Students and Unwaged members – limited free places
How to Pay
- Cheque made payable to UKELA and sent to Lauren Debenham at the address above (DX 28 London).
- BACS direct into the UKELA bank account 23192562, sort code 160015 – please add your name and let Lauren know you have paid this way
Email Lauren Debenham at Herbert Smith Freehills: email@example.com
WATCH VIA WEBCAST!
Birmingham, BLM - to book your place at the Birmingham venue, please email Jill.Crawford@blmlaw.com
Bristol, Guildhall Chambers - to book your place at the Bristol venue, please email Jay.Jagasia@guildhallchambers.co.uk
Manchester, Weightmans - to book your place at the Manchester venue, please email Joanne.Holbrook@fieldfisher.com
Newcastle, Newcastle University - to book your place at the Newcastle venue, please email Jennifer.Stephens@newcastle.ac.uk
Nottingham, Browne Jacobson - to book your place at the Nottingham venue, please email firstname.lastname@example.org