London meeting on Aarhus
5.15pm (registration from 4.45pm) - 6.45pm
Join us for an update on access to justice and Aarhus. Booking details coming soon!
We are delighted to welcome an expert speaker line up.
1. Introduction by Chair (5-10 min)
Lord Carnwath (Justice of the Supreme Court)
2. The Aarhus Convention in the domestic courts, now and post-Brexit (25 min)
James Maurici QC (James has acted in several of the key cases on Aarhus in the domestic courts and before the Aarhus Convention Compliance Committee).
3. The new Aarhus costs rules and the Client Earth judicial review (25 min)
Charlie Banner (I am acting for the Government in the JR and advised the Government on the recent changes to the CPR Aarhus costs rules).
4. Recent work of the Aarhus Convention Compliance Committee (25 min)
Elena Fasoli & Alistair McGlone (Elena and Alistair are, respectively, the Italian and UK members of the Aarhus Convention Compliance Committee)
5. Questions and discussion (10 m)