UKELA Scotland Annual Conference: Access to Environmental Justice
9.3am registration for 10am start
Join us in Edinburgh for our annual conference on the theme of Access to Environmental Justice & Other Issues
Access to Environmental Justice is a key issue in Scotland with renewable energy developments and the possibility of the moratorium on fracking being eased and the proposals for more infrastructure developments. The conference addresses the impact of environmental decisions on communities and the key issues for members of the public seeking to challenge such developments, arguing for an environmental court.
In addition the conference covers regulation, environmental crime and the changing enforcement landscape; sustainable housing development; the key environmental topics of 2017 and a case law update. An essential networking opportunity for all those involved in environmental law in Scotland with 6 hours CPD.
The Speakers include:
- Dr Euris Scandrett, Queen Margaret University & Ian Cowan speaking on the impact on communities;
- Sir Crispin Agnew QC on environmental courts and Dr Ben Christman on protective expenses orders;
- Emma Taylor, SEPA and Laura Tainsh, Davidson Chalmers LLP on regulation, environmental crime and enforcement;
- Rufus Logan, BRE Scotland on Sustainable Housing and Robert Sutherland, Advocate on Air Quality.
- James Findlay QC & Denise Garrity, Advocate with a case law update