London meeting on Water Resources Management & Regulation
6pm (5.30pm registration) - 7.30pm
Join us in London for this highly topical event
As the UK experiences the driest summer on record for decades, managing our water resources network has never been more topical. Major public inquiries have recently considered the competing interests of public water supply and agriculture on the one hand and protection of water quality and water-dependant habitats on the other.
The Secretary of State for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs has made a high profile speech calling for radical changes in the water industry. Public water supply companies are having to explore innovative and expensive solutions to secure a sustainable long term supply for their regions.
This seminar will explore the key legal, regulatory, strategic and practical issues arising out of these challenges, featuring a multi-disciplinary panel of speakers offering a variety of different perspectives.
We are delighted to welcome the following expert speakers:
- Public Water Supply: Huw Williams, Senior Managing Lawyer, Water and National Permitting Service, Environment Agency and Meyrick Gough, Water Strategy Manager, Southern Water
- Abstraction licensing: Alistair Mills, Barrister, Landmark Chambers
- Water and Agriculture: Hannah Harrison, Senior Legal Adviser, National Farmers' Union
- Understanding Water Resources Management: Getting the Right Balance: James Dodds, Director & Water Management Specialist, Envireau
- Chairs: Charles Banner, Barrister, Landmark Chambers & Justine Thornton QC, Barrister, 39 Essex Chambers