UKELA in Wales
UKELA's work in Wales is co-ordinated as a single combined Working Party and Regional Group. The group aims to influence legislation and organise events for members. Its terms of reference are:
· To influence the development of Welsh environmental law by responding to key consultation papers, with the object of becoming a preferred consultee in Wales.
· To disseminate knowledge and opinion by discussing developments in environmental law in Wales, as well as UK, EU and international laws as they apply to Wales.
· To promote education in both environmental law and policy so as to improve understanding and awareness of environmental law.
· To promote the overall aims of UKELA by seeking to influence the development and quality of environmental law and governance in Wales so as to make the law work for a better environment
· To liaise as appropriate with other working parties and regional groups in UKELA.
Events coming up
Join us on 20 September for a seminar on Planning Law in Wales. This event will be held in Cardiff. More details including how to book coming soon.
Wales Working Party
For more information about the Wales Working Party follow the link
Dr Victoria Jenkins of Swansea University and Dr Haydn Davies of Birmingham City University are convenors of the Welsh organising committee.
At the Working Party's last Biennial meeting on 8 October 2015, the following people were elected as members:
Annabel Graham Paul, Francis Taylor Building
Kate Howell - Blake Morgan
Christian Jowett - Park Place Chambers
Kerry Lewis - Aberystwyth University
James Molland - Hugh James Solicitors
Llinos Price - Consultant
Ben Standing - Browne Jacobson Solicitors
Professor Lynda Warren - Aberystwyth University
Erica Williams - AgriAdviser Solicitors