UKELA in Wales
UKELA's work in Wales is co-ordinated as a single combined Working Party and Regional Group. The group aims to influence legislation and organise events for members. Its terms of reference are:
· To influence the development of Welsh environmental law by responding to key consultation papers, with the object of becoming a preferred consultee in Wales.
· To disseminate knowledge and opinion by discussing developments in environmental law in Wales, as well as UK, EU and international laws as they apply to Wales.
· To promote education in both environmental law and policy so as to improve understanding and awareness of environmental law.
· To promote the overall aims of UKELA by seeking to influence the development and quality of environmental law and governance in Wales so as to make the law work for a better environment
· To liaise as appropriate with other working parties and regional groups in UKELA.
Events coming up
Details of our upcoming events shall be posted soon - watch this space!
Wales Working Party
For more information about the Wales Working Party follow the link
Dr Victoria Jenkins of Swansea University and Christian Jowett of Park Place Chambers are the joint convenors of the Welsh organising committee.
The following people are currently committee members:
- Dr Haydn Davies, Birmingham City University
- Annabel Graham Paul, Francis Taylor Building
- Kate Howell - Blake Morgan
- Kerry Lewis - Aberystwyth University
- Llinos Price - Consultant
- Ben Standing - Browne Jacobson Solicitors
- Professor Lynda Warren - Aberystwyth University
- Laura-Jane Greenman - Eversheds
- Louise Davies - Eversheds
- Wyn Jones - retired
- Peter Alexander-Fitzgerald - Heritage Conservation