Jobs and internships
If you have an environmental law job to advertise, our website and e-law newsletter offer a cost effective way of reaching almost 1,500 people with relevant skills and interest. We offer competitive rates and would be pleased to hear from you if you have a vacancy.
To advertise with us, please contact us
Admin Assistant at UKELA
Job descriptionAdmin Assistant
The UK Environmental Law Association (UKELA) is the UK’s leading networking and events organisation for environmental law professionals. Our aim is to improve understanding and awareness of environmental law - to make better law for the environment. We run events and training, respond to government consultations on environmental law issues and provide information to the public on environmental rights and responsibilities. This is a part-time post in a friendly, home-based team offering 0.4 FTE days per week (7.5 hours per day), with the potential to extend up to 0.8 FTE days per week.
1. Provide admin support to the Operations Director (OD) and other members of the staff team as required. To include (list is not exhaustive): admin arrangements for Board and other meetings, such as attendance details, circulation of papers and agendas, liaison with venue, occasional minute taking; assisting senior administrator with management of Customer Resource Management (CRM) system to ensure all data stays up to date; replying to routine enquiries from members, trustees and other volunteers; recording of transactions on financial management system and banking of cheques; maintain up to date trustee and other volunteer records including those at Companies House and Charity Commission; assist with marketing of events programme including student and Working Party activities and mailings to members; help manage the Operations Director’s diary including arranging meetings and travel arrangements; with the rest of the staff team, ensure the UKELA websites stay updated.
2. Assist with other tasks for trustees and senior staff as may reasonably be required.
3. Occasional attendance at events (may include evenings) in London and elsewhere.
4. Deal with incoming/outgoing post to the organisation
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
· Good communication skills, both written and verbal, with a wide range of people and organisations.
· Aptitude for working with cloud based financial and CRM systems.
· An organised, methodical approach to work.
· Ability to work largely unsupervised, whilst demonstrating team spirit – this is a home-based post, so it is vital that you can manage your time effectively to meet deadlines; you should also be aware of the need to keep communication lines open to ensure that everyone in the staff team is up to date with workload and priorities.
· Flexibility and enthusiasm in their approach to work, consistent with the needs of a small, home-based staff organisation with a large volunteer network
· Experience of and aptitude for working with a range of software tools and platforms such as Microsoft Office, Dropbox, Mailchimp & Google Suite.
· Familiarity with Hootsuite and other social media platforms.
Work Pattern, Remuneration & Benefits
· 2 days per week (can be split over 2-3 days)
· Salary c. £18,000 pro rata for a suitably experienced candidate
· Matched employer pension contribution of 5%
· Annual leave 11.5 days plus usual bank holidays
· Home-based role, with IT and communications equipment provided or contribution paid towards costs, as appropriate to candidate’s circumstances
Application and Interview Timetable
· Closing date for applications Midday Monday 2 September 2019
· Provisional dates for interviews in London or Bristol week beginning 9 September 2019
· Applications must consist of your CV and a concise covering letter addressing clearly how you meet the advertised requirements.
Start date as soon as possible in September following interview and taking up of references.
UKELA is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact Elly-Mae Gadsby to arrange an informal chat.
Further informationSalary: c £18k
Contract type: Permanent
How to applyApplication deadline: 02-Sep-2019
Email applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org