Annual Scottish Conference 2023
Join us online for a day of topical presentations including Post-Brexit – the current landscape; Marine protection and ESG. Timing: 9am to 1pm
Our Scottish committee is putting together a fantastic programme covering a wide range of topical issues coming across your desk, so it's not to be missed. The conference will be held online, so it is easily accessible for all.
9.00am Join the Webinar
9.10am Welcome Chair – Richard Leslie, Co-convenor of UKELA Scotland
Session 1 Theme – General Update Session
Chair - Richard Leslie
- 9.15am Post-Brexit – the current landscape: Professor Colin Reid, Emeritus Professor of Environmental Law
- 9.30am Update from Environmental Standards Scotland: Mark Roberts, CEO, Environmental Standards Scotland
- 9.45am Update from SEPA: Lin Bunten, Acting Chief Officer for Compliance, Scottish Environment Protection Agency
- 10.00am Q&A
Session 2 Theme – Marine Protection – what next?
Chair - Joanna Waddell
- 10.25am Welcome back and introduce session 2
- 10.30am Update from the Scottish Government: Finlay Bennet, Marine Conservation Policy Lead, Scottish Government
- 10.45am Marine Conservation Society’s View: Calum Duncan, Marine Conservation Society
- 11.00am A Campaigner’s View: Phil Taylor, Open Seas
- 11.15am An Industry View from the Scottish Fishermen’s Federation: Elspeth Macdonald, Chief Executive Officer, Scottish Fisherman’s Federation
- 11.30am Q&A
Session 3 Theme – ESG – a lawyer’s guide
- 12.00pm Welcome back and introduce session 3
- 12.05pm Regulator or litigator – using civil claims to complement enforcement - John MacKenzie, Partner, Shepherd & Wedderburn
- 12.20pm An Industry View: Anne Johnstone, Head of ESG, Vital Energi
- 12.35pm Q&A
12.50pm Closing remarks Chair
1pm Close of Conference
- Members £25
- Non members £35
- Students £5
You will need to log in to access registration - it takes just a couple of minutes to register if you have not yet logged in.
*Registration closes on midnight, 3 October.
*We are unable to provide refunds within 5 working days of the event.