Terms of Reference
We're delighted to announce the creation of a new Noise Working Party. The group will consider noise issues across the UK. Its’ remit includes:
- reviewing the regulation of noise at local and central government levels;
- implementation of the European Environmental Noise Directive (END);
- ambient and neighbourhood noise;
- the protection afforded to those who are affected by noise under the common law or other systems of law which are applicable in the UK;
- compliance with noise legislation;
- the enforcement of noise law.
The Working Party is keen to recruit new members. Anyone who is a member of UKELA can join. If you would like to get involved, contact the convenor Francis McManus.
The group meets three times every year: in the spring term, at the UKELA annual conference in summer, and in the autumn term. Details of the next meeting will be posted in due course.
The next UKELA Noise Working Party meeting will be held on Tuesday 24 January 2017, 4pm, at Francis Taylor Building, Inner Temple, London. For more information and to attend please contact the convenor Francis McManus
The Working Party held its inaugural meeting on Friday 29th April, 6-7.30pm at Francis Taylor Building, Inner Temple. The group elected Francis McManus as convenor and discussed working arrangements, meetings and future priorities. Guest speaker John Stewart (Chair of UK Noise Action and HACAN ClearSkies) gave a presentation about noise issues connected to the expansion of Heathrow airport.