Terms of Reference
The Noise Working Party considers noise issues across the UK. Its remit includes:
- reviewing the regulation of noise at local and central government levels;
- implementation of the European Environmental Noise Directive (END);
- ambient and neighbourhood noise;
- the protection afforded to those who are affected by noise under the common law or other systems of law which are applicable in the UK;
- compliance with noise legislation;
- the enforcement of noise law.
The working party usually meets three times every year: in the spring term, at the UKELA annual conference in summer, and in the autumn term.
Anyone who is a member of UKELA can join. If you would like to get involved, contact the convenor Francis McManus.
Details coming soon.
The most recent meeting was on Thursday 2nd May 2019 at Francis Taylor Building, where the agenda included a general discussion on various technical issues, including; easements and noise; EIA Reports, with special reference to noise; NPPF and noise; the Agent of Change; new WHO European Guidelines.