Terms of Reference
The Noise Working Party considers noise issues across the UK. Its’ remit includes:
- reviewing the regulation of noise at local and central government levels;
- implementation of the European Environmental Noise Directive (END);
- ambient and neighbourhood noise;
- the protection afforded to those who are affected by noise under the common law or other systems of law which are applicable in the UK;
- compliance with noise legislation;
- the enforcement of noise law.
The working party meets three times every year: in the spring term, at the UKELA annual conference in summer, and in the autumn term.
Anyone who is a member of UKELA can join. If you would like to get involved, contact the convenor Francis McManus.
The next UKELA Noise Working Party meeting will be held on Tuesday 2 May 2017, 4pm, at Francis Taylor Building, Inner Temple, London. For more information and to attend please contact the convenor Francis McManus.
The Working Party last met on 24th January 2017. Guest speaker Nigel Rogers of Pipedown addressed the meeting on the problem of Muzac.