Terms of Reference
The Noise Working Party considers noise issues across the UK. Its’ remit includes:
- reviewing the regulation of noise at local and central government levels;
- implementation of the European Environmental Noise Directive (END);
- ambient and neighbourhood noise;
- the protection afforded to those who are affected by noise under the common law or other systems of law which are applicable in the UK;
- compliance with noise legislation;
- the enforcement of noise law.
The working party meets three times every year: in the spring term, at the UKELA annual conference in summer, and in the autumn term.
Anyone who is a member of UKELA can join. If you would like to get involved, contact the convenor Francis McManus.
Details of the next meeting will be posted shortly.
The Working Party last met at UKELA's annual conference in Nottingham on 8th July 2017. The meeting included a presentation on windfarm noise by the group's convenor Frank McManus.