UKELA in Wales
UKELA's work in Wales is co-ordinated by its Working Party. The group aims to influence legislation and organise events for members. Its terms of reference are:
· To influence the development of Welsh environmental law by responding to key consultation papers, with the object of becoming a preferred consultee in Wales.
· To disseminate knowledge and opinion by discussing developments in environmental law in Wales, as well as UK, EU and international laws as they apply to Wales.
· To promote education in both environmental law and policy so as to improve understanding and awareness of environmental law.
· To promote the overall aims of UKELA by seeking to influence the development and quality of environmental law and governance in Wales so as to make the law work for a better environment
· To liaise as appropriate with other working parties and regional groups in UKELA.
Wales Working Party
For more information about the Wales Working Party follow the link
>Wales Working Party
Dr Victoria Jenkins of the Hillary Rodham Clinton School of Law, Swansea University and Christian Jowett of 30 Park Place Chambers and 36 Commercial, London are the joint convenors of the Welsh organising committee.
- Kate Howell
- Ben Standing
- Professor Lynda Warren
- Wyn Jones
- William Wilson