UKELA in Wales
UKELA's work in Wales is co-ordinated by its Working Party. The group aims to influence legislation and organise events for members. Its terms of reference are:
· To influence the development of Welsh environmental law by responding to key consultation papers, with the object of becoming a preferred consultee in Wales.
· To disseminate knowledge and opinion by discussing developments in environmental law in Wales, as well as UK, EU and international laws as they apply to Wales.
· To promote education in both environmental law and policy so as to improve understanding and awareness of environmental law.
· To promote the overall aims of UKELA by seeking to influence the development and quality of environmental law and governance in Wales so as to make the law work for a better environment
· To liaise as appropriate with other working parties and regional groups in UKELA.
Wales Working Party
For more information about the Wales Working Party follow the link
>Wales Working Party
Christian Jowett of 30 Park Place Chambers and 36 Commercial, London and Tim Edds of Browne Jacobson are the joint convenors of the Welsh organising committee.
- Kate Howell
- Ben Standing
- Professor Lynda Warren
- Wyn Jones
- William Wilson